In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Saturday 8 February 2014

Day 56 - Anna Nana (da doo da do do)

You hold his hand, I'll poke him in the eye...

I was going to go with AnnaGran for the title of this post, until I realised that if you take the letters in the word "AnnaGran", jumble them up, add a few more letters, then take some away, you end up with something completely different (and probably unintelligible)!

So anyway...

New day, new strategy!

This afternoon we were at a birthday meal for Anna's Nana up in Warrington.  Anna calls her Nan, but for the sake of the title, I'll use a little poetic licence, if you don't mind.  I figured a photo opportunity would no doubt occur at such an event, and was so confident of this that when out on a sunny lunchtime walk with Jazz, I was only half-heartedly scouting for shots.

Of course, not looking was a sure fire method of not finding, and so it turned out...but I knew something would turn up at the family do. 

Predictably, once at the venue I found that it was a messy affair, with people milling about all over the place, and no direction whatsoever.  I quickly realised that getting a decent shot was going to be challenging, to say the least.

I say predictably, but that's perhaps subtly misleading, given that I had thoughtlessly predicted the exact opposite...

In any case, a new plan was required.

So I decided to take a single shot, and use it, regardless of how well it came out.

This, then is a great grandmother, holding her great grandson, with extended family looking on (including the baby's grandfather).

Now I could go off on one here, raising all sorts of controversial questions about why we are so concerned with procreation...why we should be so concerned about our ongoing genetic survival (individually or as a species)...why we feel ourselves to be so unique and interesting as to want to leave our mark on our species or our planet...

I could go off on one...but I won't...

No...no, I won't...

Must...resist...

Must...

No comments:

Post a Comment