In which I take a photo every day that I'm 50, and post it here on this blog, with a bit of related blurb.

Thursday 4 December 2014

Day 355 - Pictures of Drawings Part Deux

horse drawn

Some of you may remember the most popular post of the first couple of months of this 365-day-blog, originally posted on Day 5 - Pictures of Drawings of Photos...

Well tonight, not much more than the same distance from the end of this blog, I can bring you a late update.

Anna was out of town for the day, which meant that I was on dog management duty...so I had arranged for Kim to have The Boy Wonder for the day, and I dropped him off with her this morning.  It's the first time I've left him anywhere else, and Kim's only met him a couple of times...

But it all went fine...albeit Robin didn't really fit Kim and Roob's tiny home...

Anyway, when I went round to pick up The Boy, Kim showed me two amazing drawings that she did last week.

I knew immediately that I'd found a blog subject for the day!

This beautiful horse is hand-drawn, using some sort of fine crayon pencils...and my photo really doesn't do it justice, the detail is remarkable!

And this elephant is drawn in pencil on grey paper...

eleghant

It's so intricately detailed, it's almost photo-realistic, and I find myself blown away all over again at how amazing and talented Kim is!


I'm so proud...though it's got absolutely nothing to do with me...Kim has worked hard to hone her natural skill and insightful eye, and deserves every credit for her artwork.

Great work, Kim!!

Also, just outside Kim's front door, were these two interesting mushrooms.  


last 'shroom standing

I've no idea what they are, but I spotted them immediately I arrived this morning.

It's always a relief to get an early Photo of the Day, even when said photo is ultimately usurped by a later, better subject, as in this case...but I wanted to post them anyway, to add to my growing collection of funghi photos.

Which reminds me, is the word "photos"...or is it "photo's"?!  

The frustrating thing is, both are correct.

It's the plural of the word "photo", and as such, an "s" can simply be added to the end, with no apostrophe required.  

But the word "photo" is itself a contraction of the word "photograph", and so in the word "photo's", the apostrophe represents the missing letters "graph"...

The point is, every time I type the word - which is relatively often, given that this is a blog where I post photo's(!!) - I have to wrestle with the dilemma of which version to use.

During the early days of this blog, I tended to use "photos" (or even "phtotos" in one memorable example (apparently!))...

Then for the rest of the blog I've mainly used "photo's"...but now I find myself more on the fence than ever.

Frustrating, n'est ce pas?!

Damn photos....argh!!


;-/|

1 comment:

  1. Not sure how I missed this post. These drawings are really brilliant! Wow!

    ReplyDelete